PBRx Pharmacy Benefits Card
Click this text to start editing. This block is a basic combination of a title and a paragraph. Use it to welcome visitors to your website, or explain a product or service without using an image. Try keeping the paragraph short and breaking off the text-only areas of your page to keep your website interesting to visitors.
The PBRx Pharmacy Benefits Card can be used to fill your pet prescriptions! You need to have your veterinarian issue a valid prescription for your pet and then take it to a PBRx participating pharmacy for fulfillment. It's that easy! Yes, there are medications prescribed for humans that are also prescribed for pets, however, you need to ensure that your veterinarian approves those medications before giving to them to your pet. You may wish to review our Signs to Watch and Pet Poisons information blocks for additional information and warnings.
Signs to Watch!
Signs to Watch!
- Excessive drinking or urination
- Appetite change associated with weight loss or gain
- Change in activity level (e.g., lack of interest in doing things they once did)
- Sleeping more than normal, or other behavior or attitude changes
- Coughing, sneezing, excessive panting, or labored breathing
- Frequent digestive upsets or change in bowel movements
- Dry, red, or cloudy eyes
There are drugs that are safe to give your Pet, however, they must be prescribed by a licensed veterinarian. Never give your Pets any of the following medications prescribed for humans:
- ACE Inhibitors
- Birth Control Pills
- Beta Blockers
- Thyroid Hormones
- Cholesterol Drugs like Lipitor
- Xanax, Ambien, Lunesta
Never give your pet pal any human medications unless prescribed by a Veterinarian